Monday, April 9, 2012

Earth Day Freebie and Time Out!

Missed y'all this weekend!  I was at the beach (lovely sigh) and had a marvelous time.  I tried to post earlier, but the beach house had v-e-r-y slow internet speed, and I'm not wasting a beach weekend waiting for the internet.  I gave up after 30 minutes and very little accomplished!  :)


Tonight I've got an Earth Day freebie for you!  Click the picture to download from TPT, or here for Teachers Notebook.  If you like it, please help me out by following my blog and/or my TPT/TN stores.  Thanks!!  :)
  
For more freebies, check out the Earth Day Freebies Linky Party hosted by Sunny Days in Second Grade!

Time Out!  During my weekend with limited internet access, I was tagged twice!  I'm enjoying everyone's answers, and glad to get a chance to play along.  




I was tagged by my teammate Casey from Second Grade Math Maniac:



1. What is the most played song on your IPOD (or other mobile device)?  Right now my kids have been rocking the MP3 player, so it's seen a lot of Disney theme songs lately!  :)

2. What is the last movie/tv show/book that made you cry?  The movie Life is Beautiful - it's so powerful.  Difficult to watch, but I cried for days.

3. What story does your family ALWAYS tell about you?  The one where I glue my eyelids open as a toddler while eating a candy cane, and then fall asleep! (I'm not sure about it, but it does have a ring of truth.)

4. If you could have your dream second home, would if be a mountain hideaway or a beach house?  Beach Beach Beach  I was just there for Easter, and it was hard to leave!

5. What is the furthest you have ever been away from home?  The summit of Mt Washington in New Hampshire, or Jamaica.  I'm not getting out a map to measure the distance, Casey!

6. What is the oldest item you own?  My great aunt's old teaching books.  She was a teacher for years, and passed away ten years ago at age 100.

7. If you had to pick 1 place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you take them?  The museums in downtown Raleigh!

8. What one food do you never get tired of? Pizza, fo sho!  My 4 year old has decided he doesn't like pizza, and I'm at a loss.  Surely he just means he wants one with different toppings!?!

9. You have to move out of the country RIGHT now. Where do you go?   Somewhere warm where I understand the language - I am not the best at grasping the gist of languages other than English!!

10. How many days do you have until Summer??  (Or for my year round buddies, until this school year is over!) 53 days including weekends!!  Yep.  I am counting.  Just a bit.  ;)

I was also tagged by Tessa:
Tales from Outside the Classroom




1. Who made the biggest impact on your decision to become a teacher? I had many tremendous teachers in my life, but teaching is in my blood.  My mom, grandma, and great-aunt were teachers.

2. What has been one of your favorite teaching moments? I love the "Lightbulb Moment," when you see someone really understand.  Those moments are always my favorites.

3. What is your favorite thing to teach?  Reading!!  Have you seen my pros and cons list about Team Teaching?

4. What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?  My favorite outside of school activity is being a Mom!  I have 2 a-maz-ing kids, and I love to spend time with them and my hubby, the love of my life!  
5. What do you plan to do over summer break?  I'm in year-round school, so I'll get about 3.5 weeks off during June.  We'll spend time beachin' and at the pool, just being a family.

6. If you weren't teaching, what would you be doing?  Ummm, well, I'm not really sure.  If I wasn't teaching because I could afford to stay home and volunteer at my kids' schools, I would be an amazing Room Mom!  If I still needed the paycheck, I'd be continuing to support classrooms and students in some way...  maybe in curriculum design.

7. If there was only one thing people knew about me, I wish they would know....  "I play nice and share."  This is a direct quote from my day.  It's true, and I think that matters when you're talking about team dynamics.

8. What is your favorite tv show?  All time - Friends.  Current-ish show - Mad Men.  I've been catching up on Netflix.

9. What are you addicted to?  (think Diet Coke, flip flops, etc!) :)  Diet Cherry soda.  (Can be Coke, Pepsi, or Dr. Pepper)  I'm cutting back by drinking more water, but I really *love* my diet cherry soda!!

10. What is the best non-children's book that you've ever read?  I love mysteries.  My favorites are old Swedish crime novels by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo.

I know I should be scouring the web to find 10 bloggers I enjoy that have not been tagged, but I don't have the energy!  This post has taken hours to write due to interruptions requests from my kiddos!  If you haven't had a chance to play along, consider yourself Tagged!





5 comments:

  1. My favorite part was where you said "fo' sho." And I measured the distance for you. From RDU to Jamaica it is 1241.6 miles. Distance from RDU to Mount Washington, NH 884.7 miles. . . . sorry couldn't resist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you about being back at the beach as we spent our Spring Break in Florida last week. So dreaming I was still there, but alas, I face CRCT's tomorrow! :-(

    Cynthia

    www.2ndgradepad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to add on another one, but Room 114 tagged you too :) You win most popular award!

    Lisa

    Stories from Room 114

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through Sunny Day's linky party! Thanks for the freebie!

    We're your newest followers (and novice bloggers ourselves)

    Halle & Jenna
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...