Literacy Intervention Solutions :)

Thanks for weighing in on the Reading Intervention conversation!!  Fabulous to have so many points of view from teachers in such different areas...  Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that my school is "program-only!"  We know that teachers pull what a student needs to best suit the student's learning style, and we have been picking and choosing what to do with these students as interventions.  All that being said, I like to have a couple of tricks for each area of need (phonemic awareness, decoding strategies, fluency, comprehension, etc.)  Bonus points if it's easy enough for a volunteer or paraprofessional to understand, since I can't split myself into 22 parts - yet.  Here are a few of the interventions suggested in emails, comments, and from cyberspace.  :)

FCRR.org
FCRR.org has been correlated to Common Core!  If you haven't spent a few minutes exploring the free K-5 Student Center Activities at FCRR, you're missing out on some great resources.  I know I've blogged about this before, but it's just too fabulous not to mention again.  They've recently correlated the Student Activity Centers here.   Now that they are correlated, it will be easier to use for remediation/enrichment in my classroom, and the activities are usually pretty easy for volunteers to understand.  Now if I could just get my principal to increase my copy limit...  ;)

Fountas & Pinnell's Leveled Literacy Intervention package - looks awesome.  I {heart} Fountas & Pinnell.  My first blog post was about them.  If I had that kind of money, I'd buy it.  however...
{Source}
Thanks, Jen!

1 comment

  1. I love FCRR! Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for supporting my tiny corner of the internet.

Back to Top