Here are the highlights of this program and
First, Samson's Classroom offers three different products in their package: Sight Words, Spelling, and Reading. All are for learners from kindergarten to grade 5.
Sight Words: This part of the program offers 224 commonly used words. I plan to use this with targeted 2nd graders, as many of my kiddos already know their sight words. There are five different activities: learn the words, build words, identify words, spell the words, and find the missing words. I like the progression of the activities and how the student hears and gets to use the words in context.
Spelling: This is pretty cool! At the beginning of the week, I can add my spelling words to the program. Then, throughout the week, we can take a few minutes to play games to review the words. There is a Study Zone, Karate Chop, Spelling Scramble, and Wally the Walrus. My daughter loves the Karate Chop game, and I love that she is practicing her Spelling skills!
Why I'm Lovin' This Software:
- The graphics and games are appealing and fun for students and theylove Samson, the mascot!
- You can customize the spelling words by creating word lists each week.
- After you register your students, the program keeps a record of games and activities they played and their scores.
- Activities can be played on an interactive white board or computer.
- Students can use the program at home! Samson's even has customized letters for parents you can print out with their log in information. I emailed the information to the parents, and have had a positive response, thanking me for this resources to support their child at home.
- Students receive immediate feedback and praise as they play the games.
- The software automatically updates so no new downloading is needed.
- At the time of this review, the customer service was outstanding, should you have questions or need assistance.